Shri P.S. Sreedharan Pillai
Governor of Mizoram
Official e-Mail: email@example.com
Official Website: rajbhavan.mizoram.gov.in
P.S. Sreedharan Pillai was born in Venmony Panchayat of Alappuzha District, Kerala to V. G. Sukumaran Nair and Bhavani Amma. He married Adv. Reetha at Kozhikode in 1984 and practicing as a lawyer in Calicut Courts. His only son Arjun Sreedhar is a lawyer at the High Court of Kerala and started profession as junior to his father. His daughter-in-law Jipsa Arjun is a Post graduate in paediatric dentistry and practicing at Cochin. His daughter Arya Arun is a Post graduate in Dental Science and practicing in Calicut, while her husband Arun Krishna Dhan is also a lawyer in High Court of Kerala and started his career as junior to father in law. He graduated in Arts from Pandalam N.S.S College. Later, he pursued his Degree in Law from Calicut Law College, and completed the course in the year 1978. During his stint at the Law College, he was the College Magazine Editor and the College Magazine of his tenure, which marked protest against the Emergency and the Indira Gandhi Government, was much talked about at the time.
P.S. Sreedharan Pillai has held the following positions:-
- State Convenor, Lok Tantric Yuva Morcha
- Lok Sangarsh Samithi activist and its student wing leader (Anti Emergency Agitation)
- District President, State Secretary – Yuva Morcha (1980s onwards)
- President, Bar Association, Kozhikode (1995)
- BJP National Executive Member
- BJP Central Prabhari for Lakshadweep
- District President (Kerala State BJP)
- State Secretary (Kerala State BJP)
- State General Secretary (Kerala State BJP)
- Vice President and Spokesperson (Kerala State BJP)
- President (Kerala State BJP 2003-06 & 2018-19)
P. S. Sreedharan Pillai was a State Level ABVP leader during his college days. He is a renowned lawyer practicing at the High Court of Kerala. From 2001-03, he was the Senior Central Govt. Standing Counsel (Redesignated as Assistant Solicitor General) and also the Counsel for CBI at High Court of Kerala. Both UDF and LDF govt had appointed him as Special Public Prosecutor in numerous high profile cases. He is a known writer and columnist in Kerala, and has written more than 100 books.
On 5th November 2019, P.S. Sreedharan Pillai was sworn in as the 21st Governor of the State of Mizoram.